Flash Europa 28 will showcase European flash fiction and offer free, original, creative and quality content to the Chinese online reader. It will distribute European flash fiction written by young authors from each of the 28 member states of the European Union. Through national competitions five submissions will be selected from each country, translated into Chinese and distributed free of charge, over a period of 28 weeks to Chinese audiences via multiple social media platforms.
Choose your country
Submission Guidelines and Project Overview
- All authors must be EU citizens.
- Authors must be aged 15 or over and 28 or under on December 31, 2014.
- Stories must be submitted in an official language of the author's native country.
- Stories must be clearly set in the author's native country.
- Stories must be 500 words or less and be previously unpublished
- The competition is open from June 15, 2014.
- The competition deadline in each country is August 15, 2014.
- Submissions should be sent to the 28 National Competition Managers before August 15.
- Entrants should include a biography of 50 words or less plus a photo (headshot) or other image they feel represents themselves.
- The National Competition Managers will select five stories to represent their countries and translate them into Chinese.
- The selected authors shall represent their countries in the Flash Europa 28 project.
- Stories will be distributed across China via social media platforms by The Bookworm from October over a period of 28 weeks at a rate of five stories a week, one country per week, one story per week day.
- The collection of 140 stories (5 stories x 28 countries) shall be collected in a print edition at the culmination of the project. Each selected author will receive a commemorative copy of the book.
- The Delegation of the European Union and The Bookworm shall hold the rights to use the entries in online and print format at their discretion in connection with this Flash Europa 28 project. Beyond this project the individual authors hold full rights to their entry.
Submissions should be sent to your National Competition Manager at the following email address: email@example.com